Battery Giant Order Security
Information security is critical to our business. We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We store information gathered on secure computers located in a locked data center. The number of employees involved in the management of the data center that have physical access to these computers is limited. We use firewalls and other security technology to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
We also require that any personally identifiable consumer information sent to us by you be encrypted using SSL encryption. To learn more about SSL, go to: http://webopedia.internet.com/TERM/S/SSL.html.
For security and functionality purposes, this site requires that users login and place orders using a browser which supports World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) web standards. Any of the following browsers will work:
IE5 or higher for Windows
Netscape 6 or higher for all platforms
Opera for all platforms
BatteryGiant.com Password Policy
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your Login ID/password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer and otherwise protect the password used to access BatteryGiant.com.
Selecting Your Password
Change your account password on a regular basis. The following password guidelines will help you select strong new passwords.
- Your password must be at least seven characters in length. Longer passwords may be even stronger.
- Your password must include letters (i.e. abcABC), numbers (i.e. 123), and/or symbols (i.e. @, #).
- Your password may not be a standard dictionary word, even if it is spelled backwards.
- Your password may not be the same as your login ID.
- Your password may not be blank.
Safeguarding Your Password
Please also consider the following guidelines for safeguarding your password and increasing the security of your BatteryGiant.com account.
- Your password should not contain any information about you that can be easily discovered, such as a spouse or child's name, a license plate or street address number.
- Do not share your password with anyone. If you have reason to believe that your password may have become compromised, change it immediately.
- Do not write your password down. Keep it in memory only. If you absolutely must write your password down, store it in a secure location accessible only to you.
- Do not enable settings that allow your Web browser to "remember" your password.
- If for any reason you need to share your password, do so only in person or over a live phone call with an authorized person. Never share your password via email or voice mail.
- Never display or transmit your password in any communication or online transmission (other than when logging into your account).
- Never share your login ID and password in the same communication.
- Never share a URL link that includes your login ID and password.
Changing/Resetting Your Password
We strongly encourage you to change your password on a regular basis to prevent unauthorized activity or suspicious transaction activity from compromising your BatteryGiant.com account.
- To change/reset your password, you must provide your current password before you may specify a new password.
- If you cannot remember your current password, you can use the password retrieval system to have your password sent to you or contact Battery Giant support.
- After five unsuccessful login attempts, you will be locked out of your account.
- As a general security measure, you should change your password on a regular basis. Authorize.Net recommends you change your password at least every 45-60 days.
- You should change your password every time an employee with access to your password leaves the company or is terminated.
- Change your password immediately if you have any reason to believe that your account is compromised.
- Change your password immediately if you notice any suspicious transaction activity on your account.
If you have additional questions about our Order Security, please contact us at info@BatteryGiant.com.